If you’re an avid gamer, or someone looking to set up their rig for the first time, then you will need to know about gaming monitors. It’s important to note that monitors you purchase for gaming don’t need to be built for gaming. However, you need to pick one of the best monitors for gaming for the best experience.
That’s why this article will focus on different brands that offer useful monitors for gaming, with more focus on certain products within each section.
Gaming has become a massive pastime in 2019. With console gaming becoming more and more expensive, PC gaming has become a more affordable alternative. And with the rise of virtual reality gaming, gaming on PC has become even more immersive than before.
With so many people playing games on PC, it’s only natural that PC gaming has become more and more advanced. From high-end laptops to affordable custom built computers, PC gaming has become more accessible than ever.
To play the latest games at their best, you need the best gaming monitor. The right gaming monitor will enhance the visuals of your games and allow you to see everything in crisp detail.
Best Monitors For Gaming
Before talking more about traditional gaming monitors, we shall start with one of the fanciest on the market right now. The 49-inch Odyssey Neo 69, available from Samsung, is an LED curved high-end gaming monitor that can suit a range of purposes.
While the monitor itself came out in 2020, it is still high-end by 2022 standards. It has a black level of 0.0004 and can reach around 2,000 nits of peak brightness. Of course, you can enjoy extra bright HDR performances, too, with a 240Hz refresh rate. It’s fair to say this is the most expensive in this list, and for a good reason, so perhaps wait for various sales times throughout the year.
How does Samsung Odyssey Neo 69 gaming monitor compare with other gaming monitors?
Samsung Odyssey Neo 69 is a good gaming monitor, but it isn’t perfect. The contrast could be better and there are some flaws that are hard to unsee. But what makes this monitor unique is the aforementioned Quantum Matrix HDR2000 panel. It’s one of the few monitors on the market with a 1ms response rate and FreeSync Premium Pro support.
The Samsung Odyssey Neo 69 has a lot of competition in the gaming monitor industry and it doesn’t have anything special that sets it apart from other monitors. However, the Quantum Matrix HDR2000 panel (which can be found on many other monitors) and the 1ms response time makes this monitor worth looking at if you’re in the market for a new gaming monitor.
What makes Samsung Odyssey Neo 69 gaming monitor stand out?
One of the best gaming monitors on the market is the Samsung Odyssey Neo 69. The monitor has a cutting edge 49” 1000R curved screen, with a Quantum Matrix HDR2000 panel, 240hz refresh rate, G-Sync and FreeSync Premium Pro support, 1ms response rates, and fully customizable Odyssey Infinity Core lighting.
The Infinity Core Lighting system on this monitor allows you to control all of the LEDs from one central interface. You can customize the colors of your monitor to match the rest of your set up or highlight those favorite games that you always play.
This type of customization is really important because it adds to the immersive experience. And with a 1ms response time, you won’t notice any lag in gameplay as well!
- Pre-calibrated to perfection
It’s important to have a monitor that is pre-calibrated to perfection. Your monitor will look significantly better if the colors are calibrated and you get the best picture quality possible. With the Samsung Odyssey Neo 69, it’s pre-calibrated out of the box for superb picture quality that looks excellent in any game setting.
2. It has a cutting edge Quantum Matrix HDR2000 panel
The Samsung Odyssey Neo 69 gaming monitor features a cutting edge Quantum Matrix HDR2000 panel which produces more vibrant colors than traditional monitors and images with truer blacks and whites.
This means that every game you play on this monitor will look better than what you may be used to seeing on other screens. Plus, it dramatically enhances clarity for everything from dark shadows to bright lights on your screen, so there’s no need to worry about missing any information while playing your favorite games.
3. It’s equipped with G-Sync
G-Sync makes sure that the PC’s graphics card can sync up with this ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate which means even less input lag while you play your favorite games or watch movies on this display, giving users a much smoother experience when viewing content at fast speeds on their TV/monitor as well as boosting frames per second rates in games by up to 50%.
4. It comes with FreeSync Pro
This technology is tear-free, stutter-free, & low latency HDR gaming thus this monitor will give you the best experience in gaming. You will get the best user experience when gaming on HDR in addition to waiting movies and other content since the tech takes you to the next level of display gaming.
Cons of Samsung Odyssey Neo 69 gaming monitor
- The screen size is 49 inches.
- The resolution of the screen is only 1080p.
- The response time for this monitor is 1ms.
- You cannot adjust the height or the tilt of this monitor.
Samsung Odyssey Neo 69 is a 49-inch gaming monitor with a curved screen. This monitor is perfect for gamers as it has a 240hz refresh rate, G-sync, and FreeSync Premium Pro support, and 1ms response rates. Samsung Odyssey Neo 69 also features fully customizable Odyssey Infinity Core lighting.
One of the more high-end monitors on this list is the ASUS VG279QM, widely accepted as one of the best monitors around for gaming with 1080p resolution. It is 27 inches but uses low pixel density, which means you will have better motion handling for more intense games, especially games that demand more graphical power.
ASUS monitors also allow for outstanding ergonomics, meaning you can easily adjust them to whatever position suits you best. Some people use this to place the monitor vertically into a portrait position for various purposes, which is easy to do. Gaming streamers use this, for example, to be able to read their online chat easier.
How does ASUS VG279QM gaming monitor compare with other gaming monitors?
The ASUS VG279QM gaming monitor is designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay. It comes with a 27-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS panel with a 1ms response time, an overclockable refresh rate at up to 280Hz and an ELMB (Extreme Low Motion Blur) sync technology.
It also has the certification from NVIDIA that it is G-SYNC compatible. Other gaming monitors on the market don’t have this certification but ASUS VG279QM does which means it will eliminate ghosting and tearing and deliver seamless, tear-free gaming visuals with high frame rates.
Aside from its effective features, the ASUS VG279QM monitor has HDR (high dynamic range) technology that covers a wide color gamut and delivers 400nits of peak brightness. It also has two HDMI ports and one DisplayPort port that allow you to connect your system or laptop directly to the monitor.
Overall, the ASUS VG279QM is one of the best gaming monitors in the market today as it ensures your gameplays are done in style with display performance that meets industry standards.
What makes ASUS VG279QM gaming monitor stand out?
The ASUS VG279QM is the best gaming monitor on the market. It’s 27-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS screen with a rapid response time of up to 280Hz and a refresh rate that is overclocked by 30Hz.
The ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
The ASUS VG279QM has been certified for G-SYNC Compatible, delivering tear-free gaming visuals with high frame rates by default.
Gamers will also enjoy a seamless VR experience with the ASUS VG279QM due to its HDR technology that supports DisplayHDR 400 certification. This device also includes two HDMI ports and a DisplayPort 1. 2 port for easy connectivity with any console or PC device.
There are so many reasons why this monitor is the best on the market.
- For starters, it has ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology that eliminates ghosting and tearing.
- With G-SYNC compatibility, you’ll have a smooth frame rate for your gaming visuals.This is especially important for anyone who has an Nvidia graphics card.
- The monitor also comes with an HDR support that provides a wider range of colors than traditional monitors. It’s also certified to meet DisplayHDR 400 certification, which ensures that its color performance is accurate.
- With a full HD resolution and a fast refresh rate of 280Hz, it’s no wonder that this monitor is one of the best on the market. You can enjoy games without any lag between frames or stuttering video sequences. And if you’re looking for a versatile monitor (perhaps to use in both work and play modes), this one is definitely worth considering!
Although the ASUS VG279QM is a top gaming monitor, it has some disadvantages.
- The best gaming monitors offer an easy to adjust stand. Unfortunately, the stand on this one does not allow for much height adjustment. You are stuck with an awkward position that could cause neck strain.
- Another disadvantage of this monitor is the low contrast ratio. This means blacks will not be as deep as they should be. This can affect the quality of your graphics and lead to some less than desirable graphics in certain games.
The ASUS VG279QM is a 27-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) fast IPS gaming monitor with an overclock speed of 280Hz. It’s designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay, while ELMB is the abbreviation for Extreme Low Motion Blur.
This technology removes motion blur, making it easier to track moving objects in games when your character is running or driving at a high speed, or aiming at an enemies’ head. The ASUS VG279QM also has G-SYNC Compatible certification and features HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology that produces more realistic images.
Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D
When you think of the name Dell, you may not think gaming monitor. However, they have offerings from Alienware, a gaming tech specialist they acquired back in 2006. When looking into getting gaming tech for your setup, whether it be a keyboard, mouse, or any accessory, you will likely come across their alien-looking logo.
With brands like this, you will be able to get reports on how certain games will run on certain monitors and hardware in general. For example, a selling point for a gaming monitor might be that it can run 4K for the latest Call of Duty game or the latest AAA game.
You may think that Alienware as a brand would be expensive, and for the most part, you’d be right, but there are cheaper solutions. The Dell Alienware AW2721D offers 2560×1440 resolution with a max refresh rate of 240 Hz. This is a more budget available option that they offer, at least in comparison to the rest of their products.
With most monitors, you will be able to run games via a browser, no matter how animated the game is. These browser games have started to get more intense graphically and use modern animations that older monitors might not be able to handle. For example, gambling games allow you to spin roulettes and play poker, and in some cases, you will be watching a live game in a physical casino that you’re playing along with.
You should test your current monitor to see how gambling games do, as this could be a good indicator to work out how well browser-based games perform on your monitor. Try these out via Online Casinos to see which sort of sites you can load up. Not only can you test out your monitor via animations, but you can have fun gambling at the same time. With that said, you should gamble responsibly and never gamble in a way that risks your financials.
How does Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D gaming monitor compare with other gaming monitors?
The Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D is a 27-inch QHD (resolution) monitor with a 240Hz refresh rate. It’s VESA DisplayHDR 600 certified and has color support of 1.07 billion colors. This gaming monitor also includes NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate certification and is optimized for eye comfort with a flicker-free display and ComfortView feature.
This gaming monitor is just one excellent example in the line of Dell monitors, but it sets itself apart from the rest because of its high refresh rate, fast response time and built-in eye comfort features. If you’re looking for a high performing gaming monitor that won’t break your budget, this is the way to go.
The Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D has a number of features for gamers to enjoy. For one, it comes with a 4-sided InfinityEdge display that offers optimized eye comfort with a flicker-free screen and ComfortView feature. Additionally, the Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D comes with fast IPS Nano Color technology to provide you with sharp picture quality and vibrant colors.
It also has VESA DisplayHDR 600 certification which offers great color accuracy and high contrast ratios so you can enjoy your favorite games without any lag or stutter. The Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D also comes in at an entry level price point so it’s affordable for most gamers who want to experience high quality gaming.
What makes Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D gaming monitor stand out?
Dell is a company that has been in the PC business for years. They know what they’re doing when it comes to computers, and they know how to make an excellent monitor as well. Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D is one of their offerings in the gaming monitor world, which is a subcategory of computer monitors specifically designed with gamers in mind.
This model has some excellent specs, like a 240Hz refresh rate and IPS Nano Color technology. It also has NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE certification and a 4-sided Infinity Edge display, which means you’ll never get any bezels in your way during gameplay.
The 240Hz refresh rate on this monitor helps you play without lag or stuttering, so you’re always able to anticipate what’s coming next from your opponent. The IPS Nano Color technology makes sure that colors are vibrant and lifelike no matter what type of game you’re playing.
And last but not least, NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE certification ensures that this monitor will be able to provide high quality graphics on your screen at all times with no compromises when it comes to input lag or stutter.
With this gaming monitor by Dell, there will never be any compromise in terms of picture quality or lag time when playing games. It’s easy to see why Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D is the best choice for gamers everywhere
The Dell Alienware AW2721D monitor is one of the best gaming monitors on the market.
It has a lightning-fast 240Hz refresh rate and it’s also NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE certified. The screen is 27 inches with QHD resolution, which means it has a 1.07 Billion color range. You’ll be able to see all of your games in their full splendor with this monitor because it has a fast IPS Nano Color technology and 4-sided InfinityEdge display.
The Dell Alienware AW2721D’s eye comfort is optimized because it has a flicker-free screen and it features ComfortView which reduces blue light emissions by up to 56%.
If you want your gaming experience to be more immersive, you can also adjust the height of the stand on this monitor. Another pro of this product is that it’s VESA DisplayHDR 600 certified; this means that there are even better visuals for you when playing on this monitor.
This monitor is perfect for gamers who want to see everything in high definition detail or for those who want an edge in their game like esports players do
There are a few cons with the Dell Alienware Gaming Monitor AW2721D.
- One of them is that it’s not affordable for everyone, but if you have the money to spend and want a high-quality gaming monitor, it is worth it.
- Another con is that it can only be mounted on the stand vertically. Thus, the monitor can only be tilted up and down (rather than rotated), which could make it difficult to see if you’re gaming in portrait orientation.
- It cannot be mounted on the wall because it requires very specialized mounting equipment. This means you need to set aside plenty of space in your room to make sure you have enough space for the monitor.
- The final con is that there’s no built-in speaker system on this gaming monitor so you’ll need to invest in an external sound system if you want good audio quality for games and movies.
LG is quite a reputable brand that you will also be familiar with. One of the best 27-inch 4K gaming monitors you can find on the market right now is the LG 27GP950-B. This monitor is more modern and features HDMI 2.1 bandwidth on its two HDMI ports.
You can play 4K games up to 120 frames per second and have complete native FreeSync support. Each of the inputs into this monitor also supports 48 Gbps bandwidth for HDMI 2.1.
It’s important to note that these monitors aren’t exactly ideal for darkroom gaming, as the IPS panel has a low contrast ratio. The monitor can still get bright, but the edge-lit local dimming feature isn’t exactly great, which means that bright objects in the game could suffer from intense blooming.
Overall, the LG 27GP950-B offers a great solution for getting started with gaming but may not be a great choice for the long term. However, it may prove to be a useful second monitor, which you could use for Discord or any other gaming communication app.
How does LG 27GP950-B gaming monitor compare with other gaming monitors?
LG 27GP950-B is a TN panel monitor with a refresh rate of 144Hz and 1ms response time. It also has a 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) and boasts HDR600 certification.
On the other hand, LG 34UM95-P is a IPS panel monitor with a refresh rate of 60Hz and 5ms response time. It also has 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) and boasts HDR400 certification.
The LG 27GP950-B offers double the refresh rate of LG 34UM95-P which means it can display graphics sharper than LG 34UM95-P. However, the LG 27GP950-B does not offer as high of resolution as LG 34UM95-P which means it will not show graphics as sharply.
What makes LG 27GP950-B gaming monitor stand out?
LG UltraGear 27” Gaming Monitor is a quality display with outstanding features. It is designed to be a top-of-the-line gaming monitoring tool for gamers who demand the ultimate in display performance.
This monitor has vivid colors and an outstanding refresh rate of 144Hz (O/C 160Hz).
It also has an IPS panel and a TN panel which give you excellent viewing angles, fast response time (1ms) and high definition. With these features, it is set to provide the best gaming experience possible.
The LG 27GP950-B is an excellent gaming monitor. The IPS display and the G-SYNC compatibility are two of the best features that make this gaming monitor stand out.
- Excellent IPS Display – LG is known for their quality and cutting edge displays, and this monitor does not disappoint. The quality of the screen is fantastic and there is barely any light leakage or backlight bleeding, which can be a problem with cheaper monitors.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible – This feature means that you can hook up your gaming PC to your monitor and receive super smooth frame rates. One of the biggest problems with LCD monitors is screen tearing, but with G-SYNC, that’s eliminated.
- AMD FreeSync Premium Pro – If you’re a PC gamer who also uses an Xbox or PlayStation, then this feature might be irrelevant to you–but if you game exclusively on a PC, then the AMD FreeSync Premium Pro will come in handy. This feature allows your graphics card to sync up with your monitor’s refresh rate so that there isn’t any motion blur or input lag while playing video games.
- Sleek Design – You’ll love how sleek and modern this monitor looks on your desk! It has a beautiful 4-sides virtually borderless display with Tilt/Height/Pivot adjustable stand.
- Low Input Lag – Input lag refers to how long it takes for something done on your computer screen to translate onto your gaming precision. The monitor gives you an edge while gaming since you have no latency when gaming.
- It is costly even though worth it
LG 27GP950-B monitor is a first-rate gaming monitor. It’s the pinnacle of gaming monitors, delivering the latest in hardware, specs, ergonomics and other gaming-focused features.
It’s also a stunning 4-sided virtually borderless display with an adjustable stand that tilts, pivots and offers height adjustment. So what are you waiting for? Get this amazing monitor today!
The RAZER RAPTOR is a 27-inch WQHD (2560×1440) gaming monitor with a fast 144Hz refresh rate and wide viewing angles. The RAPTOR also features Razer’s Ultra Low Motion Blur technology and an anti-glare screen to make sure you can react in the blink of an eye. The display is also equipped with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology that syncs the display’s refresh rate to your GPU for silky smooth gameplay without frame drops.
Similar to Alienware that we spoke about above (although the two would hate to be compared), this brand also focuses on gaming hardware. We will be focusing on the Razer Raptor 27 monitor rather than their general gaming tech.
This monitor can enhance your gaming experience while also looking aesthetically pleasing on your desktop. Razer specialise in making your gaming experience be as good as it can be at all times, with colour accuracy and general vividness that can improve your reactions.
Performance is essential not just for your hardware but also for your monitor. Fortunately, the Razer Raptor 27 focuses on performance, with high-quality refresh rates that can help you play the most graphically demanding video games.
How does Razer Raptor 27 WQHD gaming monitor compare with other gaming monitors?
If you are in the market for a new gaming monitor, then you have come to the right place. The Razer Raptor is our pick for the best gaming monitor on the market. It looks sleek, it has a 144Hz refresh rate (which is good for gameplay), and its colors are superb.
One thing we also love about this monitor is that it has Razer Chroma lights that can be customized with 16.8 million colors. This means you can set up your favorite team’s colors as well as other moods like disco mode!
If you’re looking for something more economical, check out our other reviews of the ASUS VG278Q 27″ Full HD 1080p 144Hz 1 ms Gaming Monitor or Acer Predator XB1 WQHD LCD Display NVIDIA G-Sync 27″ Gaming Monitor–both are excellent monitors for gamers.
What makes Razer Raptor 27 WQHD gaming monitor stand out?
The Razer Raptor 27 WQHD gaming monitor stands out because it was built as an extension of this philosophy – a no-compromise display that produces breathtaking image quality making it the ultimate esports gaming monitor.
The Razer Raptor 27 is one of the best gaming monitors on the market and offers a 27-inch WQHD (2560×1440) IPS-Grade display for incredible detail and picture clarity. It comes with a fast 144Hz refresh rate which makes the image crisp and smooth.
It’s also HDR400 compatible, providing you with rich, vibrant colors in an easy to view spectrum. Best of all, it has a nice solid aluminum base with built-in cable management so your cables don’t get tangled up behind your desk.
The Razer Raptor 27 is a top-of-the-line monitor. It offers a wide range of features that make it great for gaming, as well as for professional use.
- One of the most impressive features of the Razer Raptor 27 is its color gamut. The monitor has a 95% DCI-P3 color gamut and HDR400 support. This means that the colors displayed on the screen are more vibrant and accurate than standard monitors. A monitor with this wide gamut is excellent for both gamers and professionals – it helps to reduce eye strain by providing a more natural picture, and it also helps to edit images in an intuitive way because the colors displayed are more accurate to life.
- The Razer Raptor 27 also has a fast refresh rate at 144Hz, which helps you react in a split second by displaying content quickly (games move at lightning speed).
- It also displays deep vibrant colors and crisp image clarity (display quality), making it one of the best gaming monitors on the market today. The monitor has a 2560×1440 resolution and 5ms response time. This means you get great picture quality and fast refresh rates, perfect for gaming.
- Another pro of this monitor is its connection with Razer Synapse 2.0. This helps you to control settings for your monitor and also connect to your battle station.
- Ports on the side of the monitor include HDMI, DVI, 3 USB 3.0 ports, 1 audio out port, 1 audio in port, and an SD card slot. These are all useful additions to this gaming monitor that can prove helpful over time.
- Inexpensive: The Razer Raptor 27 WQHD 27-Inch Gaming Monitor is one of the cheapest monitors on the market today with solid features.
- The Razer Raptor has an anti-glare coating which reduces reflection and reveals more details in low lighting conditions.
- One of the cons of this gaming monitor is that it’s a bit pricey. It’s not super expensive but it is just out of your price range for some people.
- It doesn’t have built-in speakers, but there is an audio out port so you can connect your own speakers if needed.
- Another con would be that the side to side viewing angle doesn’t have the best view, but that is a common thing with most monitors.
- The monitor is only 27 inches. This can make it difficult to see objects in the distance and be more precise with your movements.
- The monitor provides an immersive experience, but it may not be the best option for people who have a strong aversion to having their gaming environment be anything but completely dark.
The Razer Raptor 27 WQHD monitor is a gaming monitor that features a large, 27-inch IPS-grade display with a 2560×1440 resolution. That’s about six times more pixels than an HD 1080p monitor. And the picture is clear and bright thanks to the 144Hz refresh rate and 95% DCI-P3 color gamut.
Not everyone will have a budget for a high-end gaming monitor, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still get guilty. The Gigabyte M27Q is usually available at a lower cost than competitions but can compete with the more high-end options without you noticing.
For casual gamers, you won’t notice much difference on here. However, for those who know what they’re looking at, you will probably notice that text clarity won’t be as clear due to the panel having a BGR subpixel layout. The high pixel density counters this slightly, but users have reported some issues with colours. Know that this isn’t a major issue or even a common one, but do your research.
How does Gigabyte M27Q gaming monitor compare with other gaming monitors?
This 27″ 1440p gaming monitor has a height adjustable stand, a tiltable and swivelable base for maximum flexibility. The monitor can be positioned in landscape or portrait mode to suit your preference. It also has VESA mount compatibility for 100x100mm mounting pattern on the back of the display. This monitor is perfect for gamers looking for high-resolution gaming without compromising on refresh rate.
The M27Q offers an IPS panel with a 144Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time, which will provide a smooth gameplay experience with AMD FreeSync 2 support and Premium Studio Grade VESA Display HDR400.
Gigabyte Gaming Monitor is equipped with GIGABYTE Classic Tactical features such as OSD Sidekick, which is a dashboard app that can be operated on your mobile device and provides access to monitor settings such as brightness, contrast, sharpness and color saturation among others.
It also supports remote control by any Android/iOS devices via Bluetooth connectivity and provides instant access to custom key mapping setup options. Furthermore, this display comes with GIGABYTE AutoUpdate feature that automatically updates driver/firmware and reduces the need for manual updating by users. In short, this is one of the best budget monitors on the market.
What makes Gigabyte M27Q gaming monitor stand out?
The Gigabyte M27Q gaming monitor is a 27 inch, 2560×1440 IPS display with a 170 Hz refresh rate and 0.5ms response time. It has AMD FreeSync premium, a color gamut of 92% DCI-P3 (140% sRGB) and features VESA Display HDR400 and Studio Grade VESA Display. The monitor also has tilt (-5° to +20°), height adjustment (0~150mm), and 100x100mm VESA wall mount compatibility.
This device is great for gamers that are looking for quality without breaking the bank. This monitor won’t cost as much as competitors like the ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR or the Acer Predator XB271HU, but it still offers amazing features like AMD free sync, 1440p resolution and a 144hz refresh rate.
Another feature that makes this monitor stand out from the rest is its G-SYNC compatible HDMI 2.0 port which provides ultra-smooth gameplay with reduced input lag for an even more immersive experience.
Other notable specifications include an ergonomic design with tilt (-5° to +20°), height adjustment (0~150mm), and 100x100mm VESA wall mount compatibility.
- 27″ 2560×1440 SS IPS display
- 170Hz refresh rate, 0.5ms response time
- AMD FreeSync Premium
- Color gamut is 92% DCI-P3 (140% sRGB)
- Ergonomic design with tilt and height adjustments
- Low blue light & flicker free.
It can be difficult to find a monitor with the same features as this one, but it also comes with some cons.
- The first con is that it only comes with a VESA mount. This means you will need to purchase an additional wall mount or stand in order to properly display the monitor on your desk. It can also be difficult to find a matching stand on their website, so customers are left searching for cheaper third-party options.
- Another con is that the monitor does not come with an HDMI cable. Although this is often the case with monitors, it can be frustrating for customers who have purchased this product and don’t realize they will need to make another purchase in order to use their new purchase.
- The last con is that this gaming monitor does not have speakers built-in. This can make playing games somewhat difficult if you do not have external speakers or headphones available because you cannot hear anything while playing.
This monitor contains a 27” 2560×1440 IPS display with a response time of 0.5ms (MPRT) and refresh rate of 170Hz. The monitor is designed for gaming purposes, and it is compatible with AMD FreeSync as well as VESA Display HDR400 and 92% DCI-P3 (140% sRGB) color gamut.
This monitor also has a tilt angle of minus-5° to plus-20°, so you can adjust the screen according to your needs. The monitor features GIGABYTE Classic Tactical features, OSD Sidekick, and GIGABYTE Auto-Update so you can have the latest firmware updates for the monitor.
It also has an ergonomic design with tilt and height adjustments, low blue light & flicker-free technology, and VESA wall mount compatibility 100x100mm.
How To Choose A Monitor For Gaming
Reading, writing, and computer skills are something that you’ll need for almost any job in the modern world. The good news is that learning how to use a computer is easier than you think.
Gaming is one of the most popular uses for computers. If you’re passionate about video games, you’ll find that a gaming monitor is a vital tool for enjoying your favorite titles.
A gaming monitor is a lot different from your average computer monitor. If you’re thinking about upgrading your computer to a new one, you may want to look into buying a gaming monitor separately. Gaming monitors are built with specific features that are ideal for gamers. Here are some of the things you should consider when choosing a gaming monitor:
The response time of a monitor is also an important consideration when it comes to games. This refers to how quickly the colors change from one shade to another on-screen, with faster response time meaning less blurriness during fast-paced games
If you’ve ever used a computer, there’s a good chance you’ve used a monitor. Monitors come in all shapes and sizes but the most popular size is 27 inches. This is the best size to use for gaming because it gives you the largest screen space to see your favorite games and graphics. You want to be able to see everything clearly so that you can enjoy the game rather than getting frustrated at not being able to see what’s going on.
The monitor should be big enough so that you can see everything clearly, but not too big because it needs to fit on your desk without taking up too much space. Monitors are also measured diagonally so keep this in mind when shopping for one.
If you have an oddly shaped desk, it may be difficult to find a 27 inch monitor. In this situation, it might be better for you to go with a smaller size like 24 or 23 inches which will still provide a great view of your game while still fitting on your desk.
First, you need to consider the resolution. The higher the resolution, the sharper and more clarity you will have in your game. Basic 1080p screens are common while high-quality 4k resolutions are becoming more and more popular with each passing day.
If you’re looking for an excellent monitor with a quality resolution, it’s wise to look at monitors that offer a 1440p or 4k resolution. These screens will provide a sharp, clear picture for gamers who want the best of both worlds. If you’re on a budget or don’t have enough space for a larger monitor, 1080p is still a great option.
One of the most important features in any screen is its resolution. This refers to the number of pixels on your screen and how tightly they’re packed together. The higher the pixel count on your screen, the more detail you can see in images and videos. For example, 1080p HD has 2 million pixels while 4K UHD has 8 million pixels!
One of the most important aspects of a gaming monitor is its refresh rate. This refers to how many frames per second the monitor can display. A monitor with a high refresh rate will help make everything move more smoothly, which will allow you to react quicker in a game. Aim for at least 75 Hz.
Refresh rate refers to how many times per second your screen updates or “refreshes” itself. Refresh rates can be measured in hertz (Hz) or frames per second (fps).
Good gaming monitors have higher refresh rates so that the picture on your screen doesn’t lag behind what’s happening on-screen at home – which might happen if you have a slow framerate, or low refresh rate!
Inputs and Outputs
The first thing to be aware of is the ports they have. It’s important to know what kind of monitor you’ll need because not all monitors are created equal.
Inputs and outputs will differ depending on whether you plan on using your monitor for gaming, watching movies, or general use. The number of inputs and outputs vary depending on how the monitor is used.
For example, if you want a monitor that’s compatible with consoles and computers, then you will need HDMI and DisplayPort inputs. On the other hand, if you only want to connect your computer monitor to your laptop then it may only require a VGA input.
It’s also worth noting that most modern gaming monitors will come equipped with an HDMI port for connecting your console gamepads or PC mouse and keyboard for hassle-free gameplay.
Game mode settings
A gaming monitor should have the following game mode settings:
* Game picture mode (e.g. FPS, RTS, RPG) – Your game mode setting will depend on what type of games you play most often. It’s worth noting that not all monitors come with this option as it is a feature that can be added on.
* Response time – This is how fast your monitor refreshes the image on your screen. The lower the response time, the more fluid your gameplay will appear to you. The range for response times goes from 1ms to 4ms, but the average response time for gaming monitors is 2ms-4ms.
* Refresh rate – This is how many frames per second (fps) your monitor can draw each second. A standard gaming monitor has a refresh rate of 60Hz or greater and an ultra-low latency (ULB) mode of less than 10 milliseconds (10 ms).
* G-sync/FreeSync – These are technology features that help stabilize framerates and reduce input lag so that you can enjoy smoother gameplay without getting stuck in one spot for too long when playing online with friends or playing solo games like World of Warcraft or League of Legends.
The last thing you want to do is spend money on a monitor with no ULMB mode and then realize that it’s giving you headaches because it’s so blurry! The G-sync/FreeSync technology helps make sure that your screen
Construction materials are usually the first thing you need to consider. Monitors come in all sorts of different materials, so it’s important to know what your options are. There are two main types of monitor materials: glass or plastic.
Glass monitors tend to be more durable, with plastic being more affordable and lighter in weight. You also want to consider the monitor size and resolution. The larger the screen is, the more immersive it will feel while playing a video game. Your resolution should match that of the computer you’re using so that the graphics will display correctly on your screen.
Readings, writing, and computer skills are necessary for almost any job out there these days. It’s not very difficult to learn how to use a computer for whatever task you need it for.
Gaming is one popular use for computers and having a gaming monitor is an important tool when enjoying your favorite games. A few things that people should consider when getting a gaming monitor include construction material, size, and resolution
The best construction material for a gaming monitor is glass because it tends to be more durable than plastic which is cheaper but lighter in weight (if weight is something you’re interested in). The screen size and resolution should also match that of your computer so that graphics display correctly on the screen
Cost of the gaming monitor
The cost of the gaming monitor is one of the most important considerations. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on a gaming monitor, but you should buy one that suits your needs.
People are often tempted to buy the cheapest gaming monitor they can find, but this isn’t always the best idea. If you purchase a cheap gaming monitor, it may not have all the features you want. It may also be lower resolution and have less color contrast than other monitors. A decent high-end monitor will typically be worth the investment.
You should also consider your budget when purchasing a new gaming monitor. Monitor prices vary widely depending on their features and size. If you’re looking for a 1080p 24-inch monitor, you can expect to pay anywhere from $250-$400.
Congratulations on your purchase of a gaming monitor! You’ve made an excellent choice for the best gaming monitor for your needs. To get the most out of your gaming monitor, you need to know what you need to look for.
The first thing to consider is the size of the monitor. 27 inches is the best size, but if you need a smaller option, 24 is also a good choice. You also want to look at the resolution and refresh rate of the monitor.
Ideally, you want a 1080p resolution with a 75 Hz refresh rate, but if you need a lower setting, it’s still good quality. Next, you want to think about inputs and outputs.
You’ll need to connect your monitor to your computer, so you’ll need HDMI or DVI inputs and at least one DisplayPort input. You also want to make sure that the inputs are easily accessible on the back of the monitor. Finally, consider construction materials and cost when choosing your gaming monitor.
Additional reading: Is Desklab the Best 4K Portable Gaming Monitor 2022?